To celebrate 10 years of success for Cathay Pacific's Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition, we are excited to introduce the eagerly anticipated 2018 Green Wine Awards!
Our theme for this year's competition is "Sustainability in the Wine Industry".
How it works
The following criterions must be met in order to become eligible for the 2018 Green Wine Award:
- Your winery must be certified by an official certification governing body.
- Only wines that have won the Gold medal or Trophy in their repsective categories will be eligible.
If you have not already entered then be assured there is enough space for you! Enter now and stand a chance to become one of the first wineries to win 2018 Green Wine Award.
NOTICE: Wineries who have already entered in the competition and wish to update their entries as certified green wines, follow this HOW TO guide to edit your entries.
Benefits for Award Winners
2018 Green Wine Award winners will receive:
- An amazing exposure opportunity by having a double feature in HK IWSC's official results booklet, namely the results page and a special page for honorary 2018 Green Wine Award recipients.
- An opportunity to be highlighted in one of our monthly newsletters distrbuted to our vast reaching network.
- A free 2018 Green Wine Award sticker artwork for your wineries own use.
What is Organic, Sustainable and Biodynamic winegrowing?
- *Organic - grapes that are certified organic under the wine regions governing body. In general this means no synthetic pesticides, chemical herbicides, GMO's or additives may be used in production of these wines. In addition, there are no added sulfites though naturally occuring sulfites will still be present.
- *Sustainable - refers to a range of practices that are economically, environmentally and socially sound. The aim here is to have as little impact on the land as possible
- *Biodynamic - refers to practices that create a self sustainng system. Natural matierals, soils and composts are used to sustain the vineyard. Chemical fertilizers and pesticides are forbidden for the sake of soil fertility.
Here are a few reasons why wineries are Going Green:
- Long-term viability of land and business
- Long-term cost savings.
- Stregthen the value of real estate.
- Conservation of nautral resources
- Enhance relations with your community
- Improve image with consumers and tourists.
- Augment relations with regulators and public policy institutions.
Entries close on 22 July 2018, that's right around the corner so ENTER NOW!
*Note, these are simplified definitions of complex concepts. If you're interested in knowing more about Going Green as a winery, contact us and we will be happy to provide you with the relevant information.
10th Test Your Palate - Happy Hour with Wine, Spirits & Food
J's Bar Bistro (2/F, The Royal Garden 香港帝苑酒店, 69 Mody Road, Tsimshatsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong)
Restaurant and Bar HK
Shanghai TopWine and Food Fair
Hong Kong International Wine & Spirits Fair (HKIWSF)
- “Winning a silver medal in the HKIWSC has truly helped my product to achieve international credibility regarding its taste. This has positively affected
decisionmaking of several new merchants who now carry my product.”Kaustav BagchiOwner, Lamai Thai Spirits
- “Louis Royer Cognac has been entering the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition for many years. This competition is regarded as the most respected in Asian countries. Winning an award is a high honour for our brand and a further seal of quality for our multi-award winning Cognac.”Carol FrugierMarketing and Communications Manager, Louis Royer Cognac
- “Adding to our success over the past few years at the HKIWSC, winning a trophy means so much to us as we have just recently entered the Chinese market with our brandies. The Chinese market is unique, which makes it even more exciting to know that Oude Molen VOV Brandy is well accepted.”Kobus GelderblomBrandy Master, Oude Molen Distillery
- “It is a great honour for us to receive this award and we are very thankful about the reputation from wine enthusiasts in China. This award is a testament to the fact that our white wines not only match the traditional Austrian food but also matches perfectly with the Asian cuisine.”Katja PflogschWinemaker, Domäne Wachau
- “Having won three trophies in the last four years in different food & wine matching categories at HKIWSC has showcased Pegeric Pinot Noir and its suitability with Asian cuisines leading to its listing with one of Australia’s top restaurant – Melbourne’s iconic Flower Drum.”Chris CormackCEO, Pegeric Wines
- “To get recognition from such a prestigious panel is
veyrewarding indeed, and proves that our wines are made in a style that is truly food friendly. The HKIWSC has become one of the year’s most well-respected wine competitions globally. For us, the food match component is a fantastic chance to demonstrate how well our wines compliment so many different flavours. Moreover, it is a competition known and valued by our customers so a trophy can be hugely influential.””Susanna MayerWinemaker, Yealings
- “Awards and medals at the HKIWSC have been like a stamp of approval to the quality of our wines. Because it is an Asian-focused competition, I know that my wines are being judged and measured by the same yardstick as all the other wines, given our viticultural conditions are quite unique compared with the rest of the world. These medals give me and, more importantly, my consumers the confidence that my wines stand apart from the competition.”Kalash GurnaniWinemaker, York Winery
- “We are very proud of our results. One of our key focuses is the Asian market, so we really want to make our wines special and desirable for this market. That’s why we want to enter this competition and be evaluated by the expert judging panel.”Sofia Cajewski Winemaker, Cremaschi Furlotti
- “We at Yealands Estate Wines are proud to be
recognizedby the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition. The organizationis held in the highest regard and our success in the competitions has become a strong voice for our quality around the globe.”Avram DeitchGlobal Marketing Manager, Yealands Wine Group
- “Winning awards in reputable international wine shows such as the Cathay Pacific HKIWSC is one of the many ways of educating our consumers and giving them confidence in purchasing the Saint Clair brand. This enhances brand perception
increases sales across our entire portfolio of wines.”Maria EastonWinemaker, Saint Clair Family Estate anin turn