About the Competition
- Asia’s most prestigious wine and spirit competition
- Designed and run by the most influential figures in the Asia and international wine industry
- Judged by Asia's top wine & spirit experts
- Unique Asian food and wine pairing categories
- Year-round marketing support and promotions for winners to trade & consumers in Asia
- A definitive guide to the best wine and spirits for Asian consumers
The Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition has been the guide to quality international wines and spirits for the booming Asian market.
Sister competition of the London-based IWSC, the competition is led by renowned experts in the global drinks industry: Debra Meiburg MW, Asia’s first Master of Wine, and Wine Consultant for Cathay Pacific Airways and Cathay Dragon and The Conversion Group. The Organizers
Judges comprise Asia’s top industry experts - including Masters of Wine and Master Sommelier, VIP International wine and spirit judges, leading F&B professionals, wine educators, importers, critics and journalists.
The benefit for winners is immediate. Results are announced at the Hong Kong International Wine and Spirits Fair, attended by VIP wine professionals, media, dignities, government officials, and other special invited guests. Winners can showcase their wines to thousands of Asia’s trade professionals attending this leading Fair, with stickers, medal collaterals and more available on the spot for those attending.
The competition offers winners year-round marketing support, including an on-going package of promotions and tastings at many of Asia’s most important trade and consumer events, as well as focused tastings with key decisions makers and buyers. Why Enter?
The awards offer Asian consumers and trade buyers the ultimate guide to purchasing wine and spirits chosen specifically for the Asian consumer by Asia’s top wine professionals.
- “Winning a silver medal in the HKIWSC has truly helped my product to achieve international credibility regarding its taste. This has positively affected
decisionmaking of several new merchants who now carry my product.”Kaustav BagchiOwner, Lamai Thai Spirits
- “Louis Royer Cognac has been entering the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition for many years. This competition is regarded as the most respected in Asian countries. Winning an award is a high honour for our brand and a further seal of quality for our multi-award winning Cognac.”Carol FrugierMarketing and Communications Manager, Louis Royer Cognac
- “Adding to our success over the past few years at the HKIWSC, winning a trophy means so much to us as we have just recently entered the Chinese market with our brandies. The Chinese market is unique, which makes it even more exciting to know that Oude Molen VOV Brandy is well accepted.”Kobus GelderblomBrandy Master, Oude Molen Distillery
- “It is a great honour for us to receive this award and we are very thankful about the reputation from wine enthusiasts in China. This award is a testament to the fact that our white wines not only match the traditional Austrian food but also matches perfectly with the Asian cuisine.”Katja PflogschWinemaker, Domäne Wachau
- “Having won three trophies in the last four years in different food & wine matching categories at HKIWSC has showcased Pegeric Pinot Noir and its suitability with Asian cuisines leading to its listing with one of Australia’s top restaurant – Melbourne’s iconic Flower Drum.”Chris CormackCEO, Pegeric Wines
- “To get recognition from such a prestigious panel is
veyrewarding indeed, and proves that our wines are made in a style that is truly food friendly. The HKIWSC has become one of the year’s most well-respected wine competitions globally. For us, the food match component is a fantastic chance to demonstrate how well our wines compliment so many different flavours. Moreover, it is a competition known and valued by our customers so a trophy can be hugely influential.””Susanna MayerWinemaker, Yealings
- “Awards and medals at the HKIWSC have been like a stamp of approval to the quality of our wines. Because it is an Asian-focused competition, I know that my wines are being judged and measured by the same yardstick as all the other wines, given our viticultural conditions are quite unique compared with the rest of the world. These medals give me and, more importantly, my consumers the confidence that my wines stand apart from the competition.”Kalash GurnaniWinemaker, York Winery
- “We are very proud of our results. One of our key focuses is the Asian market, so we really want to make our wines special and desirable for this market. That’s why we want to enter this competition and be evaluated by the expert judging panel.”Sofia Cajewski Winemaker, Cremaschi Furlotti
- “We at Yealands Estate Wines are proud to be
recognizedby the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition. The organizationis held in the highest regard and our success in the competitions has become a strong voice for our quality around the globe.”Avram DeitchGlobal Marketing Manager, Yealands Wine Group
- “Winning awards in reputable international wine shows such as the Cathay Pacific HKIWSC is one of the many ways of educating our consumers and giving them confidence in purchasing the Saint Clair brand. This enhances brand perception
increases sales across our entire portfolio of wines.”Maria EastonWinemaker, Saint Clair Family Estate anin turn