We know that you care about your personal data and how it is used, and we want you to trust that Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition (HK IWSC) uses your personal data carefully. This Privacy Notice will help you understand what personal data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions by sending us an email or submitting a request through the “Contact Us” form on our websites.
What personal data is being collected?
The personal information that we collect and process may include –
- Basic information, such as your first name, last name, employer, title and position, and preferred language;
- Contact information, such as your email address, physical address, and telephone number;
- Business information, such as the project or the field in which you are interested, business relationship with HK IWSC, market and application segments;
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
- Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual. This definition includes personal data collected at events, direct marketing campaigns, sweepstakes and competitions and online through our websites, applications and branded pages on third-party platforms and applications accessed or used through third-party platforms.
You may be asked to provide your personal data when you are in contact with us. HK IWSC may share this personal data internally and use it in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice. We may also combine it with other information to improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
How we collect personal information
We receive your personal information anytime you are in contact with HK IWSC. You may share your personal information with us when you –
Contact us via the contact form;
Sign up on our website;
Sign up for or register at IWSC or HK IWSC, and related events;
Participate in a survey;
What purpose do we use your data for?
We collect, process and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your payments, if you purchase our products, to provide you with your order status, deal with your enquiries and requests, and assess and handle any complaints;
- To process and answer your inquiries or to contact you to answer your questions and/or requests;
- To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites;
- For the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered;
- To communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications;
- To manage our everyday business needs regarding your participation.
- To authenticate the identity of individuals contacting us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- For internal training and quality assurance purposes;
- To understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needs of consumers, to improve our website, our current products and services, and/or developing new products and services; and
- To provide personalised products, communications and targeted advertising as well as product recommendations to you.
Who will it be shared with?
HK IWSC shares your personal data internally and with selected third-parties in the following circumstances:
- Third-party service providers, who provide services such as information processing, marketing and communication, joint promotions and programs, managing and enhancing customer data, customer services, assessment of your interests in our products and services, together with customer research or satisfaction surveys. Further, they must process this personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Other third-parties. Your personal data may, on occasion, be used by us or shared with our sponsors, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, social media networks, and analytics companies or other third-parties in connection with marketing, promotional, data enrichment and other offers, as well as product information where we believe it is of your interest.
- Business transfers. Your personal data will be used by us or shared with MWM for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, your personal data generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, you consent otherwise). If another entity acquires us, our businesses or substantially all or part of our assets, or assets related to Unilever’s websites, your personal data will be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such personal data will be considered an asset of ours and as such it is possible they will be sold or transferred to third-parties.
- Legal disclosure. We may transfer and disclose your personal data to third-parties:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- When we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it;
- At the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- To detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities;
- To respond to an emergency; or otherwise
- To protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third-parties, visitors to Unilever’s websites, Unilever or the public.
How we keep your personal information secure
HK IWSC takes the security of your personal data very seriously. We take every effort to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our measures include implementing appropriate access controls, investing in the latest Information Security Capabilities to protect the IT environments we leverage, and ensuring we encrypt, pseudonymise and anonymise personal data wherever possible.
Access to your personal data is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations when processed by third-parties.
How long we keep your personal information
What rights you have and how you can exercise them
With respect to your personal information, you have a range of rights including –
- Right of access to your personal information;
- Right to correct any inaccurate personal information and to keep such information up-to-date;
- Right to restrict, opt out or object to any use or processing of your personal information;
- Right to lodge complaints with relevant supervisory authorities;
- Right to request your personal information be removed at anytime;
- Any other rights under the applicable data protection legislations (including the EU General Data Protection Regulation).
If any use or processing of your personal information is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the legitimacy of any use or processing prior to your withdrawal of consent.
Phone: +852 6492 7214