How to Enter
Step 1: Complete your entry online through to payment - Please see below the entry fees and payment methods. Note: Before filling in the entry form, you will be requested to register for an account.
(How to use our online entry platform)
Step 2: Prepare your samples for shipping to the final destination in Hong Kong.
|Entry Fee (price per entry) for Wine / Spirits:||HKD 1800 / USD 230|
|Entry Fee (price per entry) for Beer:||HKD 600 / USD 77|
|Additional Entry Fee for Food & Wine Pairing Per Dish:||HKD 600 / USD 77|
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Paypal and Bank Transfer.
HK$380 administration fee will be imposed for bank transfer.
* Please choose "Proforma Invoice" for bank transfer option. Bank details will be provided alongside the email confirmation.
Number of bottles required per entry
Wine & Sake
3 Bottles (750ml)
2 Bottles (700ml)
|6 Bottles (330ml)|
(approx. 2L equivalent)
1 additional bottle per pairing
- Packaging: We accept other packaging such as bag in box, alumninum can, plastic, etc. All packaging will be hidden from judge during tasting.
- Volume: If your products are packaged in non-standard containers, please adjust delivery quantities to match with indicated volume.
- Minimum bottles: a minimum of two bottles are required for all categories.
[SPIRITS] Payment of Duty
(only applicable to liquor with alcoholic strength of over 30% alcohol)
- Duty is to the charge of the Sender
- You are recommended to send maximum 2 bottles (500-700ml) per shipment by DHL. If you are entering multiple items, split them into several shipments to minimise potential delays by customs
- Payment of Duty is arranged between Sender and Shipper before the shipment arrives Hong Kong. There will be a window of maximum 3 calendar days to clear customs on arrival. Please ensure Duty has been settled and documentation is ready to facilitate release and to avoid a situation of 'return to Sender'.
- You MUST contact receiver prior to sending, contact mentioned below.
- Photos of bottle label and/or Age Certificate (for whiskies and brandy) MUST be sent to receiver prior to sending.
1/ Prepare Shipping Documents
- Commercial Invoice (Please state "Samples Only. Not for commercial use". Skip this step if samples are delivered from Hong Kong)
- Packing List (skip this step if samples are delivered from Hong Kong), including below
- Contact person
- Company name
- Quantity of Bottles
- Litre per Bottle
- Alcoholic Strength %
- Full Description of Liquor (Brand name, Other information description, Vintage Year)
- Ex-factor/Ex-warehouse Price applicable to potential buyers in the open market (Unit Value in USD).
- Put Box Cover (Template: WORD / PDF) onto all boxes
**** ALL ABOVE INFORMATION MUST MATCH WITH CONTENT OF SHIPMENT
2/ Notify Receiver by Email PRIOR to Sending
- Send by email to receiver: HK IWSC Order ID (refer to confirmation email upon your registration or login to your account), airway tracking number; for spirits, send also photo of label and age certificate (whisky / brandy).
- Contact details below: David Li - firstname.lastname@example.org
3/ Send samples
Meiburg Wine Media - HK IWSC
9/F., Aberdeen Industrial Building
236 Aberdeen Main Road
Aberdeen, HONG KONG
Contact: David Li
Tel: +852 2515 0178
*Notify shipper office hours: 10:00 - 12:00, 14:00 - 17:30 (Mon-Fri). Deliveries may be returned to the sender if received outside of office hours.
- “Winning a silver medal in the HKIWSC has truly helped my product to achieve international credibility regarding its taste. This has positively affected
decisionmaking of several new merchants who now carry my product.”Kaustav BagchiOwner, Lamai Thai Spirits
- “Louis Royer Cognac has been entering the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition for many years. This competition is regarded as the most respected in Asian countries. Winning an award is a high honour for our brand and a further seal of quality for our multi-award winning Cognac.”Carol FrugierMarketing and Communications Manager, Louis Royer Cognac
- “Adding to our success over the past few years at the HKIWSC, winning a trophy means so much to us as we have just recently entered the Chinese market with our brandies. The Chinese market is unique, which makes it even more exciting to know that Oude Molen VOV Brandy is well accepted.”Kobus GelderblomBrandy Master, Oude Molen Distillery
- “It is a great honour for us to receive this award and we are very thankful about the reputation from wine enthusiasts in China. This award is a testament to the fact that our white wines not only match the traditional Austrian food but also matches perfectly with the Asian cuisine.”Katja PflogschWinemaker, Domäne Wachau
- “Having won three trophies in the last four years in different food & wine matching categories at HKIWSC has showcased Pegeric Pinot Noir and its suitability with Asian cuisines leading to its listing with one of Australia’s top restaurant – Melbourne’s iconic Flower Drum.”Chris CormackCEO, Pegeric Wines
- “To get recognition from such a prestigious panel is
veyrewarding indeed, and proves that our wines are made in a style that is truly food friendly. The HKIWSC has become one of the year’s most well-respected wine competitions globally. For us, the food match component is a fantastic chance to demonstrate how well our wines compliment so many different flavours. Moreover, it is a competition known and valued by our customers so a trophy can be hugely influential.””Susanna MayerWinemaker, Yealings
- “Awards and medals at the HKIWSC have been like a stamp of approval to the quality of our wines. Because it is an Asian-focused competition, I know that my wines are being judged and measured by the same yardstick as all the other wines, given our viticultural conditions are quite unique compared with the rest of the world. These medals give me and, more importantly, my consumers the confidence that my wines stand apart from the competition.”Kalash GurnaniWinemaker, York Winery
- “We are very proud of our results. One of our key focuses is the Asian market, so we really want to make our wines special and desirable for this market. That’s why we want to enter this competition and be evaluated by the expert judging panel.”Sofia Cajewski Winemaker, Cremaschi Furlotti
- “We at Yealands Estate Wines are proud to be
recognizedby the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition. The organizationis held in the highest regard and our success in the competitions has become a strong voice for our quality around the globe.”Avram DeitchGlobal Marketing Manager, Yealands Wine Group
- “Winning awards in reputable international wine shows such as the Cathay Pacific HKIWSC is one of the many ways of educating our consumers and giving them confidence in purchasing the Saint Clair brand. This enhances brand perception
increases sales across our entire portfolio of wines.”Maria EastonWinemaker, Saint Clair Family Estate anin turn