Asian Food Pairing
- The only international wine competition to offer a full program of Asian food pairing awards
- Unique PR and exposure opportunities for winners throughout the year
- Winners published in leading “foodie” guides in Asia
A unique opportunity to win medals and showcase your wines, sake, beer or spirits to Asia’s thriving dining scene.
The judging of the Asian Food Pairing follows the same format as the main competition
2023 HK IWSC Asian Food Pairing:
HK IWSC proudly partners with Hong Kong Parkview for the competition.
Exclusive to suite guests and members, Hong Kong Parkview is home to eight dining outlets, including an all-day dining restaurant, an authentic Chinese restaurant, a Japanese Teppanyaki/Tempura restaurant, a Western-Japanese fusion beef restaurant, a poolside café, a Whisky Bar and more, offering impeccable service and exquisite cuisine.
Chinese Crispy Smoked Duck
Deep fried spice marinated duck that is smoked with tea leaves.
Accept Beer entries!
Japanese A5 Wagyu Beef with Inaniwa Udon
Thin slice of A5 Wagyu beef served in Inaniwa udon in Japanese dashi soup. Garnished with spring onions.
Salmon, Tuna, Octopus and Snapper
* New in 2023: Accept entry by Vodka
Vietnamese Garlic Butter Chicken
Deep fried chicken wings marinated with fish sauce, soy sauce, pepper, a little bit of sugar, garlic powder and sesame oil. Tossed with melted butter sauce and garnished with deep fried garlic.
Indonesian Nasi Goreng
Indonesian fried rice with Tiger King Prawns, fried egg. Chicken satay, chicken breast, bell pepper, onions, sambal paste and sweet soy sauce. Served with Shrimp crackers on the side.
Accept Beer entries!
Indian Vegetable Curry
Curry with seasonal vegetables
Hong Kong Parkview
The ideal destination for families and art lovers alike, Hong Kong Parkview provides its guests with a unique art-inspired living environment with 223 luxurious serviced apartments whilst offering unsurpassed private club access including dining, sports and recreational facilities, with a wide range of classes for adults and kids.
- “Winning a silver medal in the HKIWSC has truly helped my product to achieve international credibility regarding its taste. This has positively affected
decisionmaking of several new merchants who now carry my product.”Kaustav BagchiOwner, Lamai Thai Spirits
- “Louis Royer Cognac has been entering the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition for many years. This competition is regarded as the most respected in Asian countries. Winning an award is a high honour for our brand and a further seal of quality for our multi-award winning Cognac.”Carol FrugierMarketing and Communications Manager, Louis Royer Cognac
- “Adding to our success over the past few years at the HKIWSC, winning a trophy means so much to us as we have just recently entered the Chinese market with our brandies. The Chinese market is unique, which makes it even more exciting to know that Oude Molen VOV Brandy is well accepted.”Kobus GelderblomBrandy Master, Oude Molen Distillery
- “It is a great honour for us to receive this award and we are very thankful about the reputation from wine enthusiasts in China. This award is a testament to the fact that our white wines not only match the traditional Austrian food but also matches perfectly with the Asian cuisine.”Katja PflogschWinemaker, Domäne Wachau
- “To get recognition from such a prestigious panel is
veyrewarding indeed, and proves that our wines are made in a style that is truly food friendly. The HKIWSC has become one of the year’s most well-respected wine competitions globally. For us, the food match component is a fantastic chance to demonstrate how well our wines compliment so many different flavours. Moreover, it is a competition known and valued by our customers so a trophy can be hugely influential.””Susanna MayerWinemaker, Yealings
- “Awards and medals at the HKIWSC have been like a stamp of approval to the quality of our wines. Because it is an Asian-focused competition, I know that my wines are being judged and measured by the same yardstick as all the other wines, given our viticultural conditions are quite unique compared with the rest of the world. These medals give me and, more importantly, my consumers the confidence that my wines stand apart from the competition.”Kalash GurnaniWinemaker, York Winery
- “We are very proud of our results. One of our key focuses is the Asian market, so we really want to make our wines special and desirable for this market. That’s why we want to enter this competition and be evaluated by the expert judging panel.”Sofia Cajewski Winemaker, Cremaschi Furlotti
- “We at Yealands Estate Wines are proud to be
recognizedby the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition. The organizationis held in the highest regard and our success in the competitions has become a strong voice for our quality around the globe.”Avram DeitchGlobal Marketing Manager, Yealands Wine Group
- “Winning awards in reputable international wine shows such as the Cathay Pacific HKIWSC is one of the many ways of educating our consumers and giving them confidence in purchasing the Saint Clair brand. This enhances brand perception
increases sales across our entire portfolio of wines.”Maria EastonWinemaker, Saint Clair Family Estate anin turn