How it works
The following criterions must be met in order to become eligible for the Green Award:
- Your winery must be certified by an official certification governing body.
- Only wines that have won the Gold medal or Trophy in their respective categories will be eligible.
Benefits for Award Winners
Green Award winners will receive:
- An amazing exposure opportunity by having a double feature in HK IWSC's official results booklet, namely the results page and a special page for honorary Green Award recipients.
- An opportunity to be highlighted in one of our monthly newsletters distributed to our vast reaching network.
- A free Green Award sticker artwork for your wineries own use.
What is Organic, Sustainable and Biodynamic ?
- *Organic - grapes that are certified organic under the wine regions governing body. In general this means no synthetic pesticides, chemical herbicides, GMO's or additives may be used in production of these wines. In addition, there are no added sulphites though naturally occurring sulphites will still be present.
- *Sustainable - refers to a range of practices that are economically, environmentally and socially sound. The aim here is to have as little impact on the land as possible
- *Biodynamic - refers to practices that create a self-sustaining system. Natural materials, soils and composts are used to sustain the vineyard. Chemical fertilizers and pesticides are forbidden for the sake of soil fertility.
Here are a few reasons why wineries are Going Green:
- Long-term viability of land and business
- Long-term cost savings
- Strengthen the value of real estate
- Conservation of natural resources
- Enhance relations with your community
- Improve image with consumers and tourists
- Augment relations with regulators and public policy institutions
2018 Green Award Winners
- Anna's Way Pinot Gris Marlborough 2017
- Awatere River By Louis Vavasour Pinot Noir Marlborough 2016
- Babydoll Pinot Gris Marlborough 2018
- Château de Saint Cosme Gigondas AOP 2016
- Château La Sauvageonne Grand Vin Languedoc 2017
- Hernö Gin Batch 280
- Hernö Juniper Cask Gin
- Hernö Old Tom Gin
- Marisco Vineyards The King's Bastard Chardonnay 2017
- Marisco Vineyards The Ned Pinot Rosé Marlborough 2018
- McLaren Vale III Associates Squid Ink Shiraz 2016
- Neisson Le Rhum Bio Par Neisson
- Sacred Hill Origin Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 2018
- Schloss Gobelsburg Trockenbeerenauslese Riesling 2015
- Tupari Pinot Noir Awatere Valley 2014
MWM Wine School
Hong Kong Maritime Museum
Test Your Palate
Sake Central (S109-S113, Block A, PMQ, 35 Aberdeen Street, Central, Hong Kong)
Restaurant and Bar HK
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
Women of Wine Festival
HKEX Connect Hall
- “Winning a silver medal in the HKIWSC has truly helped my product to achieve international credibility regarding its taste. This has positively affected
decisionmaking of several new merchants who now carry my product.”Kaustav BagchiOwner, Lamai Thai Spirits
- “Louis Royer Cognac has been entering the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition for many years. This competition is regarded as the most respected in Asian countries. Winning an award is a high honour for our brand and a further seal of quality for our multi-award winning Cognac.”Carol FrugierMarketing and Communications Manager, Louis Royer Cognac
- “Adding to our success over the past few years at the HKIWSC, winning a trophy means so much to us as we have just recently entered the Chinese market with our brandies. The Chinese market is unique, which makes it even more exciting to know that Oude Molen VOV Brandy is well accepted.”Kobus GelderblomBrandy Master, Oude Molen Distillery
- “It is a great honour for us to receive this award and we are very thankful about the reputation from wine enthusiasts in China. This award is a testament to the fact that our white wines not only match the traditional Austrian food but also matches perfectly with the Asian cuisine.”Katja PflogschWinemaker, Domäne Wachau
- “Having won three trophies in the last four years in different food & wine matching categories at HKIWSC has showcased Pegeric Pinot Noir and its suitability with Asian cuisines leading to its listing with one of Australia’s top restaurant – Melbourne’s iconic Flower Drum.”Chris CormackCEO, Pegeric Wines
- “To get recognition from such a prestigious panel is
veyrewarding indeed, and proves that our wines are made in a style that is truly food friendly. The HKIWSC has become one of the year’s most well-respected wine competitions globally. For us, the food match component is a fantastic chance to demonstrate how well our wines compliment so many different flavours. Moreover, it is a competition known and valued by our customers so a trophy can be hugely influential.””Susanna MayerWinemaker, Yealings
- “Awards and medals at the HKIWSC have been like a stamp of approval to the quality of our wines. Because it is an Asian-focused competition, I know that my wines are being judged and measured by the same yardstick as all the other wines, given our viticultural conditions are quite unique compared with the rest of the world. These medals give me and, more importantly, my consumers the confidence that my wines stand apart from the competition.”Kalash GurnaniWinemaker, York Winery
- “We are very proud of our results. One of our key focuses is the Asian market, so we really want to make our wines special and desirable for this market. That’s why we want to enter this competition and be evaluated by the expert judging panel.”Sofia Cajewski Winemaker, Cremaschi Furlotti
- “We at Yealands Estate Wines are proud to be
recognizedby the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition. The organizationis held in the highest regard and our success in the competitions has become a strong voice for our quality around the globe.”Avram DeitchGlobal Marketing Manager, Yealands Wine Group
- “Winning awards in reputable international wine shows such as the Cathay Pacific HKIWSC is one of the many ways of educating our consumers and giving them confidence in purchasing the Saint Clair brand. This enhances brand perception
increases sales across our entire portfolio of wines.”Maria EastonWinemaker, Saint Clair Family Estate anin turn