Asian Food Pairing
- The only international wine competition to offer a full program of Asian food and wine pairing awards, including sake
- Unique PR and exposure opportunities for winners throughout the year
- Winners published in leading “foodie” guides in Asia
A unique opportunity to win medals and showcase your wines and sake to Asia’s thriving dining scene.
The judging of the Asian Food & Wine Pairing category (which includes sake) follows the same format as the wine and spirit categories.
2022 HK IWSC Asian Food Pairing:
This year, HK IWSC proudly partners with Hong Kong Parkview for the competition.
Exclusive to suite guests and members, Hong Kong Parkview is home to eight dining outlets, including an all-day dining restaurant, an authentic Chinese restaurant, a Japanese Teppanyaki/Tempura restaurant, a Western-Japanese fusion beef restaurant, a poolside café, a Whisky Bar and more, offering impeccable service and exquisite cuisine.
Chinese Grilled White Cod
Accept Whisky & Beer entries!
Japanese Grilled Eel Rice Bowl (Unagi Don)
Accept Whisky & Beer entries!
Korean Steamed Rice with Beef, Vegetable & Spicy Sauce (Beef Bimbimbab)
Hai Nan Chicken Rice
Thai Green Chicken Curry
Hong Kong Style Baked Pork Chop Rice
Hong Kong Parkview
The ideal destination for families and art lovers alike, Hong Kong Parkview provides its guests with a unique art-inspired living environment with 223 luxurious serviced apartments whilst offering unsurpassed private club access including dining, sports and recreational facilities, with a wide range of classes for adults and kids.
- “Winning a silver medal in the HKIWSC has truly helped my product to achieve international credibility regarding its taste. This has positively affected
decisionmaking of several new merchants who now carry my product.”Kaustav BagchiOwner, Lamai Thai Spirits
- “Louis Royer Cognac has been entering the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition for many years. This competition is regarded as the most respected in Asian countries. Winning an award is a high honour for our brand and a further seal of quality for our multi-award winning Cognac.”Carol FrugierMarketing and Communications Manager, Louis Royer Cognac
- “Adding to our success over the past few years at the HKIWSC, winning a trophy means so much to us as we have just recently entered the Chinese market with our brandies. The Chinese market is unique, which makes it even more exciting to know that Oude Molen VOV Brandy is well accepted.”Kobus GelderblomBrandy Master, Oude Molen Distillery
- “It is a great honour for us to receive this award and we are very thankful about the reputation from wine enthusiasts in China. This award is a testament to the fact that our white wines not only match the traditional Austrian food but also matches perfectly with the Asian cuisine.”Katja PflogschWinemaker, Domäne Wachau
- “Having won three trophies in the last four years in different food & wine matching categories at HKIWSC has showcased Pegeric Pinot Noir and its suitability with Asian cuisines leading to its listing with one of Australia’s top restaurant – Melbourne’s iconic Flower Drum.”Chris CormackCEO, Pegeric Wines
- “To get recognition from such a prestigious panel is
veyrewarding indeed, and proves that our wines are made in a style that is truly food friendly. The HKIWSC has become one of the year’s most well-respected wine competitions globally. For us, the food match component is a fantastic chance to demonstrate how well our wines compliment so many different flavours. Moreover, it is a competition known and valued by our customers so a trophy can be hugely influential.””Susanna MayerWinemaker, Yealings
- “Awards and medals at the HKIWSC have been like a stamp of approval to the quality of our wines. Because it is an Asian-focused competition, I know that my wines are being judged and measured by the same yardstick as all the other wines, given our viticultural conditions are quite unique compared with the rest of the world. These medals give me and, more importantly, my consumers the confidence that my wines stand apart from the competition.”Kalash GurnaniWinemaker, York Winery
- “We are very proud of our results. One of our key focuses is the Asian market, so we really want to make our wines special and desirable for this market. That’s why we want to enter this competition and be evaluated by the expert judging panel.”Sofia Cajewski Winemaker, Cremaschi Furlotti
- “We at Yealands Estate Wines are proud to be
recognizedby the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition. The organizationis held in the highest regard and our success in the competitions has become a strong voice for our quality around the globe.”Avram DeitchGlobal Marketing Manager, Yealands Wine Group
- “Winning awards in reputable international wine shows such as the Cathay Pacific HKIWSC is one of the many ways of educating our consumers and giving them confidence in purchasing the Saint Clair brand. This enhances brand perception
increases sales across our entire portfolio of wines.”Maria EastonWinemaker, Saint Clair Family Estate anin turn