|Company||HIP Cellar & AnOther Place and Mato Coffee Wine|
|Position||General Manager and Co-Founder|
|Anty Fung 安迪風|
A DipWSET, Certified Sommelier and Certified Specialist of Wine, Anty has recently founded mato, an innovative wine, coffee and food concept featuring monthly changing All You Can Taste selections. She currently divides her time between mato, Hip Cellar, a professional wine storage and a wine-and-dine concept AnOther Place, online wine trading platform WWXplorer and teaching WSET courses at MWM Wine School by Debra Meiburg MW. Anty has diversified her global understanding of wine and food and beverage management with professional exposure in Hong Kong, Las Vegas and Maldives.
"Over the years I've always tried to enrich my own assessment of wines to go beyond sensory, structural and quality assessment and incorporate textural and commerciability considerations. I'd like to bring these components to the table when being part of the judging panel. The goal is to not only find outstanding wines representative of different wine regions; but also to ensure that they will find effective channels to get to the hands of end consumers in HK and China markets."
"My favourite part of judging in HK IWSC is that the camaraderie and fun of HKIWSC judging is truly infectious! Surely much of it involves serious, reflective judging, the remainder of time I particularly enjoy exchanges with the Honorary international judge on recent trends of viticulture, vinification and their local market's taste evolution. It is equally fun doing the food and wine pairing session - after all the most enjoyable part about wines is to enjoy them with food!"
"I am definitely looking forward to reconnecting with fellow wine judges this year - after all, year 2020 has gone by with much wine events cancelled and postponed, thus making this year's HKIWSC a precious opportunity for us all to gather and exchange thoughts. Would love to hear how different aspects of the wine profession cope with the challenges of this global pandemic."
- “Winning a silver medal in the HKIWSC has truly helped my product to achieve international credibility regarding its taste. This has positively affected
decisionmaking of several new merchants who now carry my product.”Kaustav BagchiOwner, Lamai Thai Spirits
- “Louis Royer Cognac has been entering the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition for many years. This competition is regarded as the most respected in Asian countries. Winning an award is a high honour for our brand and a further seal of quality for our multi-award winning Cognac.”Carol FrugierMarketing and Communications Manager, Louis Royer Cognac
- “Adding to our success over the past few years at the HKIWSC, winning a trophy means so much to us as we have just recently entered the Chinese market with our brandies. The Chinese market is unique, which makes it even more exciting to know that Oude Molen VOV Brandy is well accepted.”Kobus GelderblomBrandy Master, Oude Molen Distillery
- “It is a great honour for us to receive this award and we are very thankful about the reputation from wine enthusiasts in China. This award is a testament to the fact that our white wines not only match the traditional Austrian food but also matches perfectly with the Asian cuisine.”Katja PflogschWinemaker, Domäne Wachau
- “To get recognition from such a prestigious panel is
veyrewarding indeed, and proves that our wines are made in a style that is truly food friendly. The HKIWSC has become one of the year’s most well-respected wine competitions globally. For us, the food match component is a fantastic chance to demonstrate how well our wines compliment so many different flavours. Moreover, it is a competition known and valued by our customers so a trophy can be hugely influential.””Susanna MayerWinemaker, Yealings
- “Awards and medals at the HKIWSC have been like a stamp of approval to the quality of our wines. Because it is an Asian-focused competition, I know that my wines are being judged and measured by the same yardstick as all the other wines, given our viticultural conditions are quite unique compared with the rest of the world. These medals give me and, more importantly, my consumers the confidence that my wines stand apart from the competition.”Kalash GurnaniWinemaker, York Winery
- “We are very proud of our results. One of our key focuses is the Asian market, so we really want to make our wines special and desirable for this market. That’s why we want to enter this competition and be evaluated by the expert judging panel.”Sofia Cajewski Winemaker, Cremaschi Furlotti
- “We at Yealands Estate Wines are proud to be
recognizedby the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition. The organizationis held in the highest regard and our success in the competitions has become a strong voice for our quality around the globe.”Avram DeitchGlobal Marketing Manager, Yealands Wine Group
- “Winning awards in reputable international wine shows such as the Cathay Pacific HKIWSC is one of the many ways of educating our consumers and giving them confidence in purchasing the Saint Clair brand. This enhances brand perception
increases sales across our entire portfolio of wines.”Maria EastonWinemaker, Saint Clair Family Estate anin turn